Sunday, January 23, 2011

You Are Your Own Enemy

by Hannah du Plessis

"Our duty as men and women is to proceed as if limits to our ability do not exist"- Pierre de Chardin

Yesterday we discussed how what others say and do can limit us. Today, we look at how we can harm ourselves.

Your own self-talk - your thoughts - can limit you. Don’t limit yourself by what you think and say. Keep your thoughts positive. When you think a negative thought, quickly find something to be grateful for and replace it with that thought. Don’t choke your own creativity by thinking negatively.

Don’t doubt yourself because it holds you back. Don’t be afraid of taking risks because what is the worst that could happen: you’ll fail and learn something?

William Shakespeare said: “Our doubts are traitors which tempt us to lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."

Werner von Braun was one of the scientists responsible for developing the propulsion systems of rockets that got the first satellite into space and the first man on the moon. He said: "Man belongs where man wants to go"

What does that tell you about limits? There are none!!!

Do you want to change your world? Do you want to change your income, your marriage, your level of happiness? Then take the word "impossible" out of your vocabulary.

Everything is possible!!

You live according to what you believe, and you will believe that which you repeat to yourself. 


Speak the truth:
  • Today I will have an incredible day
  • I am a Winner and have a winning attitude.
  • Today I will work hard and put in massive action. 
  • I will do what others are not willing to do. 
  • I will persevere with enthusiasm and determination. 
  • I will plan, and reach my goals. Everything is possible. 
  • I have unlimited potential. I will live with passion throughout this day 
  • I'll do what it takes. 
  • I will embrace my opportunities to learn, grow, help, and love people. 
  • I will persevere against all odds. 
  • I will succeed!
Write out your own self-talk that you can read to yourself every morning.

Break through to success!

Tomorrow: Our past limits us



Books on success:


The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be 


Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals 


Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment