Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Find your Passion – Achieve Your Brilliance!


"When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it."
Jim Rohn: was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker
All of us had dreams and imaginations when we were children. Yes, all of us. I remember having a wild dream and my parents saying: “That’s impossible. It will never happen.”

The wild dream was that one day we could have a phone where we can see each other. (We didn’t have Television in our country at the time) I was saying it would be nice to be able to speak on the phone to the Grannies, and be able to see them. I felt like a fool for dreaming up something so silly that my parents had to tell me to stop having such impossible dreams and to live in reality.

Yes stupid me: Obviously it is impossible to see someone on the other end of the line, right?
Slowly but surely, I lost my imagination, and I started to live in the “real” world, dealing with “reality.” 

Another example comes to mind as I write this: Two boys trying to build something that will help them be able to fly; People walked past and laughed shaking their heads saying: “People can’t fly! That will never happen!” then admonishing the boys to stop dreaming and get back to reality. Unlike me, and perhaps because there were two of them, they didn’t give up on their dream. They kept going and going. The Wright Brothers eventually built the aeroplane. 

I am sure you may also have had dreams when you were a child, and perhaps you also had to “stop having these silly dreams and get back to reality.” Look what happened to these two dreams above: Today we chat on Skype or videophones and we can see the people that we are talking to. We drive in aeroplanes when we do long distance travel. Both those dreams became reality.

There is nothing that you can dream that you cannot bring into reality. There is nothing that you conceive that you cannot make real. Walt Disney said: “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”

What did you dream? Did your dreams become real? Or did you let someone steal your dream?

You have only to look at your dreams to see your potential. What can you become?
Are you achieving your full potential?

Now go: Climb that mountain. Run that marathon. Build that business. Achieve your brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment